Our Core Values
- Exalt God in Worship (Acts 2: 43)
- Evangelize the world through Proclamation and Witness (Acts 2: 41 & 47)
- Equip believers through teaching and mentoring (Acts 2: 42)
- Enrich others through ministry and service (Acts 2: 44-45)
- Encourage one another in fellowship (Acts 2: 42)
- Encounter God through prayer (Acts 2: 42)
The Union Baptist Church is a Word-Centered ministry, designed to evangelize the lost at any cost, equip and empower the people of God, and provide a holistic ministry to our community as well as the world.
Seeking to minister to the total person, we are a multi-ethnic, multi-cultural ministry impacting the world in which we live with the uncompromising message of Jesus Christ.
Committed to the spirit of excellence, we are striving to become an oasis of hope within the Easton community by promoting education and awareness, as well as financial independence.
We believe that we must worship God in Spirit and in Truth. We embrace freedom in worship because the Word says, Where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.
Our Foundation is The Word of God and we believe it in its entirety. We believe we can do what The Word says we can do, be who The Word says we can be, and have what The Word says we can have.
Our 2018 Vision Statement
Our theme for 2018 is Just Jesus. This is a reminder that we all need Jesus, and Jesus is all we need. When we learn of Jesus we learn of His power. When Jesus said, I am that I am, he proclaimed that He has the power to answer whatever needs we may have. Learn of me for faith, learn of me for power in prayer, learn of me for victory over the world. Learn of me and live your life in abounding peace and fullness of joy.
Jesus Christ, the Son of God, offers an invitation to give us rest that no one else can give us. Jesus offers an opportunity to shift our burdens, trials and labors unto Him. He promises to give us rest - rest from the burden of life and sin. Beyond our coming, Jesus' only request is learn of me.
Ways in which we can focus on Just Jesus in 2018:
- Seek first the Kingdom of God
- Establish Evangelistic and Mission outreach within each ministry
- Individually participate in no less than one of the church's opportunities for spiritual growth and study - Discipleship Ministry Training, Sunday School, Men's and Women's Ministries
- Commit to attend Early Morning Prayer once per week
- Commit to win three people over to Jesus Christ and encourage them to unite with Union Baptist Church
Moving forward in 2018 - Growth in Ministry:
- New emphasis on Men's Ministry
- New emphasis on Women's Ministry
- Evangelistic outreach
- Establish a Young Adult Ministry ages 16-20
- Establish a Regional Cell Ministry
- Greater emphasis on our Seniors Ministry
Therefore as a Child of God, put on tender mercies - kindness, humility, meekness, long suffering, bearing with one another, forgiving one another - even as Christ forgave you, so you must also do. But above all these things put on love. And let the Peace of God rule in your hearts to which you were called in one body. And be thankful.
Let the Word of Christ dwell in you richly. Whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the Name of the Lord, giving thanks to God the Father. Just Jesus.